To quickly and easily apply for a rental property, you can fill out our online rental application on your computer or mobile device.
TIP: Filling out your rental application online is safe and secure, all information is encrypted.
Before Applying For A Rental
- Please carefully read our frequently asked questions (FAQs) about rental applications below.
- Email us if you have questions.
- Click the Yellow Button below to pay your rental application fee before filling out the application.
- Now click the Blue Button to go to the secure application wizard to fill out and submit an online rental application.
How much is the application fee?
City Property Managers uses an independent third party service provider to run background checks. Each applicant must pay $35 to complete the application process. Back up
What about my furry friends?
Pets are allowed on most properties. There may be size and weight restrictions and pets are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If permitted by the owner, there will be a refundable pet fee. Large dogs may require their own individual fee. Back up
What will you check if I apply for a rental property?
You will need to completely fill out the application form and we will check any and all information on the rental application, including past rental eviction history, employment status, credit score and criminal history. Back up
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It usually takes no longer than 2-3 business days to process your application. Back up
Will a personal check be accepted for my first month's rent?
Yes. At the time the lease is signed, you will be required to pay the full first month's rent or a pro-rated month as well as a security deposit. The security deposit
must be paid in certified funds, cashiers check, money order, etc. After this you may pay with your personal check, cashiers check, money order in our office or by mail. All returned checks will be charged a returned check (NSF) fee of $50.00.
CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED! Back up
If approved, when do I start paying rent?
From the time of approval, you will have 7 days to sign the lease and start paying rent. Regardless of whether or not you have moved in, you must start paying rent in 7 days and take responsibility for the security of the property. Back up
How do I find out which properties are available?
All of our available properties are listed on this site look under the Rentals
menu or our sister site www.CygnusRealEstate.com, however, in some rare instances we may have the perfect property coming back on the market soon that may not be listed on the site for a few days so give us a call.
If you can't find what you are looking for here then call one of our Leasing Agents today and ask them about properties that are coming back on the market soon. Back up
What Is The Payment Policy?
Generally all rent is due on the first of the month with a grace period to the fourth calendar day from when your rent is due. Rent paid on the fifth
calendar day – 4 days past the due date- or later is charged a late fee of 10% of the monthly lease amount. Dependign on the individual owner
a per diem may also be assessed for each day after the 5th day of the month that rent remains unpaid. All terms are subject to the owner and lease. Back up
How do I apply for a property?
- If you wish to apply for a property, the Credit Application Fee
is $35 for an individual and an additional $35 for co-applicants regardless of marital status.
- To secure a property, an applicant must turn in the application, filled out in its entirety, pay the Credit Application Fee and upon approval pay the Security Deposit. We do not accept cash, please be prepared to make payment by personal check, cashiers check, money order or major credit card. If you are not approved, the application fee will
not be refunded. Back up
Are There Reward For Tenant Referrals?
Existing tenants can earn $50.00 off of one months rent by referring a new tenant to City Property Managers. City Property Managers
offers a $50.00 rent credit for referring a friend, family member, acquaintance, co-worker or anyone else to us, if they become a tenant.
Here are the rules (You knew they were coming): Back up
- The person you refer must qualify through our normal process (just like you did);
- The person you refer must sign a minimum 6-month lease;
- The person you refer must put your name on their application as
"Referred by:____YOUR NAME____";
- You can only receive one credit per month. Back up
That's it! Once they sign their lease, you will receive a $50 credit on your next month's rent.
So, tell your friends, tell your family, tell anyone who will stand still long enough to listen. Come one, come all, get free rent! Back up
What is classified as an emergency?
- No Heat – If outside temperature is expected to be below 50°.
- No Air Conditioning – If outside temperature is expected to be above 90°.
- Frozen, flooding or broken pipes.
- Live exposed electrical circuitry or smoke from outlets or fixtures.
- Sewage backing up into house or yard.
- Leaking roof.
- Any other condition that threatens health or safety. Back up
Does my rent cover lawn care?
No, the property owner or their manager is not responsible for lawn care. Tenants must take of the lawn and pay for watering if the property is a single family home without a HOA.
Tenants may hire a lawn care service or ask the property manager to subcontract a lawn care provider. If the property manager hires a yard care provider for the tenant, the additional cost is passed on to the tenant and added to the monthly rent.
If the tenant fails to maintain the landscaping or sidewalks and incurs a city violation, the tenant will be responsible for paying any citations. Furthermore, mandatory lawn or snow service will be invoked by the property manager. Back up
Why would my application be rejected?
Your application may be rejected for any of the following reasons:
- Insufficient credit lines which may result in no credit rating at all.
- Poor credit rating.
- Violent felony criminal record.
- Poor income to debt ratio.
- Too many money judgements or garnishments.
- No previous rental or mortgage history.
- Previous eviction or foreclosure.
- Limited or poor employment history.
- Sole discretion by the owner of the property. Back up
Do you run a credit check on everyone?
Yes. We run a credit check regardless of how good your credit history is. Keep in mind that this should not keep you from applying. While we do value your credit score, we are not looking at your whole credit history, the same way a lending institution would when you apply for a loan. Your credit score is only part of the application process at City Property Managers and chances are that even with a mid-level credit score you will qualify when the entire application process is reviewed. Back up
Do you run a criminal background check on everyone?
Yes. We run a criminal background check. Past non-violent misdameanors are usually not a problem when renting with us. Back up
Do you run a eviction history check on everyone?
Yes. We run a eviction history to see if there are patterns of past rental payment problems. Back up
Do I pay a penalty for breaking my lease?
Yes. The normal penalty is one half month's rent. In addition, you will need to continue paying rent until a new qualified replacement has been found.Back up